Google Fusion Tables FIMS
Google Fusion Tables is a modern data management and publishing web application that makes it easy to host, manage, collaborate on, visualize, and publish data tables online. It is useful for groups who want a collaborative, centralised FIMS database, but don't have an existing one of their own, or groups who have been using an EXEL based FIMS database, and want to move to a more collaborative system.
Your Fusion Table must conform to the following:
Creating a fusion table
In your google drive, click the red Create button (in the top left hand corner of the main google drive screen, then select Fusion Table (experimental). This will open the Import new table dialog, where you can choose to either upload a spreadsheet from your computer, or convert an existing google spreadsheet to a fusion table.
If you do not see Fusion Table in the create list, you may need to install fusion tables into your account. You can do this from the Chrome Web Store
How to connect
Right click on the biocode icon in the Geneious service panel (on the left hand side of the main window), and click login.
- Create a new connection by clicking Add in the bottom left corner of the connection dialog.
- Choose Google Fusion Tables in the uppermost dropdown.
- Click Sign In, which will open your web browser. Sign into your google account if necessary, and give the Moorea Biocodfe plugin access to your tables.
- The Your Tables dropdown contains a list of all fusion tables in your drive. Select your field database, and the plugin will load your table columns.
- Tell the Biocode plugin about the structure of your fusion table by choosing columns from the dropdowns